Question

OSX Sonos app design

• 16 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Can you do something about the OSX visual design? It's butthole ugly... It seems like it was designed in 2006.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Can you do something about the OSX visual design? It's butthole ugly... It seems like it was designed in 2006.

Luckily for you some people actually like things that are "butthole ugly".
Badge
I don't totally agree with the wording of the thread opener 😉 - but I do fully agree with what he is saying. The Sonos Mac app really reminds of a Windows 95 software rather than modern Mac app. I'd be very happy if Sonos would spend some time bringing the visual design up to date. UI design *does* matter.

(This doesn't mean that Sonos iOS apps couldn't well be improved with regard to modern visual design either.)
I would agree with Stuart! Every Beta that comes out I have that feeling of excitement followed by a bit of disappointment.
And if anyone if butt hurt about Stuarts comment then this conversation is not for you.
Having a startup with 3 people that we grew to 100+ WE HAD to be 100% honest about the UI / UX in the app. If we weren't there was no way we would succeed.
I'm not out to bash Sonos Design Team, I think Stuart and I are just providing good honest feedback.

Hey Sonos people - I am iOS / OS X Developer - I specialize in UI / UX. As an Indie developer I've had a dozen apps featured by Apple and I've had 2 apps in in the paid Top 10.
My Startup in SF was mentioned at WWDC because of good UI design for In App Purchases 2 years ago.

I LOVE my Sonos speakers! I'd be love to come on board. Here is my Linked in - http://tinyurl.com/call-me-to-fix-ui-ux-asap

Hopefully I get call from Sonos - That would be a kick ass Christmas Gift.
Yes please please please ! We need a new UI, the current one feels like it was coded in the middle ages, it is ugly, inconvenient and really drags the entire system down. Sonos is great but it would be so much better with a nicely designed UI.
I'm fine with the interface. I start it, put on music, then walk away from it. It is functional and works for me.
Please update Sonos Desktop App. It is awful and feels horribly outdated.