Answered

One last downgrade 11.2.6

• 4 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, May, last month, you informed us that there would be no more update for the old equipment on sonos1.
I could live with that because everything was functional at home.
And now you are pushing a final update that prevents most of the adjustments on my system.
I can’t even change the sonosnet channel. I have computers, android phone on version 7, tablet on version 7, android boxes on version 7.
You said the truth, there will be no more update, only a downgrade.
What’s the reason behind all this?

icon

Best answer by ratty 4 April 2021, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Sonos continues to support S1, for fixes and security updates. Unfortunately the same is no longer true of Google and Android 7. Its last release was 1.5 years ago.

Sonos typically doesn’t support unsupported operating systems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Except for Windows 7 for some reason.

Except for Windows 7 for some reason.

Limited functionality though, just as with Android 7. 

Hello, May, last month, you informed us that there would be no more update for the old equipment on sonos1.

I did the update on my S1 set up and I had no issues. In your case, perhaps a reboot/restart of all units including router and modem will be the solution.

Sonos did say no upgrades, but they also said they would keep updating to address security issues, and presumably 11.2.6 does just that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did the update on my S1 set up and I had no issues. In your case, perhaps a reboot/restart of all units including router and modem will be the solution.

Sonos did say no upgrades, but they also said they would keep updating to address security issues, and presumably 11.2.6 does just that.

Hi Kumar,

Most of the adjustments were already gone on the Win10 interface, but I kept access on android 7 with version 11.2.4.
Since 11.2.6, the addition of products, compression, channel change or wifi settings are not possible anymore. 

What happened between 11.2.4 and 11.2.6? 

What happened between 11.2.4 and 11.2.6? 

No idea; Sonos does not issue release notes for version changes for S1. I assume that as they said, it would be security patches as have become necessary, but that is an assumption.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is ridiculous but I think I’ll have no choice but to buy a new phone.