Answered

Old ZP80 does not update.

I am trying to update an old ZP80 and it is not possible. The Controller requires updating the ZP80 but finally gives an error. I've tried all the tricks but it's still the same. It is a new installation with a ZP80 that I had never installed before. I hope your help. regards.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 7 March 2018, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You may need to contact support by phone (today may not be a good day as they have storm issues) and get them to push an update to the ZP, if the software is too old it may not be able to find the current updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, sgdarias. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will let us know what version of software the ZP80 is on and if you will need to call in to get this unit updated.

Thanks in advance.
Keith, thanks you for your fast reply!
Here the confirmation number: 1894019346
regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No worries, sgdarias. That diagnostic report shows that there are no Sonos devices appearing on the network. Is it possible to plug the ZP80 or any other Sonos player into the router via Ethernet cable? This should create a steady connection and hopefully give some helpful insight into the ZP80.
Keith, the ZP80 is wired and appears on the network. The controller try to update it but it gives an error at the end. Error: 11 "Unknown error". The controller "can´t send the diagnostic information at this moment". Im afraid it is so old!!.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Since it did not appear on the diagnostic report, I assumed it wasn't wired. Just as Stanley_4, advised, it may be best to give our support technicians a call. They are able to get a closer look at the ZP80 and get this sorted for you. Thanks for your patience!
Keith, I could set my router in DMZ for the ZP80. You could check it directly. it is an idea!.
I’m having a similar issue trying to add a ZP80 to my system. Got it recognized on the system, then locked up on the update. Now trying to reinstall on the system and cannot get it recognized...
I’d follow the recommendation made by Keith N above.
I got through to support on the phone, had to do the install and update through the pc controller interface with the ZP80 hooked via Ethernet cable to the router,, could not do it through the Apple app due to the age of the unit. Mine is installed and working now.