Answered

Old Sonos Connect:Amp with Sonos Port

• 31 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have an old Sonos Connect:Amp wired to my speakers at home. And now I'm thinking of purchasing the new Sonos Port to connect it to my Vinyl player.

Question: Can the Sonos Port stream music to the old Sonos Connect:Amp and play it through my analog speakers?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 July 2020, 19:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes. Assuming all Sonos devices are on the same version of software (S1/S2], they are all part of the same system, and can be grouped together.

Yes. Assuming all Sonos devices are on the same version of software (S1/S2], they are all part of the same system, and can be grouped together.

That’s the thing. My Connect:Amp is on S1 software and I expect Port will use S2 because it’s newer.

No, you should be able to add the Port as an S1 device.

No, you should be able to add the Port as an S1 device.

Ah, got it! Thanks

I’ve seen some threads that suggest some people are having difficulty adding to S1 systems. I don’t have any experience to know why, but it should work. I’d assume there would be hundreds of complaints if it was a systemic issue, but if you do run in to trouble, you can always call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.