"Now playing" not shown in iphone (Sonos beam)

• 5 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
When i play music from the Sonos app (like spotify), When i shut down the window and then wake it up again "Now playing" is not showing. I can only change volume to go into the Sonos app and from there change the volume with the iphone buttons. I thought that i could do like Spotify app does, that you can wake upp the phone and change volume without to have go into the app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Lahovary,

I don’t use Spotify, but I do use Amazon music within the Sonos App and that works if I minimise the Sonos App on my iPad and later return to the App... it doesn’t matter in my case whether it’s on the Now Playing screen, or not, as long as the App itself has focus.

That’s if I’m understanding your post correctly. Note I am not closing the App (sliding up screen) just switching between the main screen of App icons and the Sonos App itself. Both volume on screen and hardware buttons are working.
Lahovary,

I’ve just realised you maybe referring to the iOS lock-screen controls, rather than the 'now playing' screen you mention in your post ... if so then please see this link which explains how to restore your controls to iOS:

iOS Lock Screen Control
Badge +1
But i reed this

”Using the hardware volume controls
Control the volume of your Sonos speakers by using the hardware buttons right on your iOS device, even while locked.

To enable volume control with the hardware buttons:
From the More tab, tap Settings > App Settings and enable Hardware Volume Control”

And its already on green. So i have like it said? It says volumecontrol on hardware.
But i reed this

”Using the hardware volume controls
Control the volume of your Sonos speakers by using the hardware buttons right on your iOS device, even while locked.

To enable volume control with the hardware buttons:
From the More tab, tap Settings > App Settings and enable Hardware Volume Control”

And its already on green. So i have like it said? It says volumecontrol on hardware.
Yes, that’s indeed correct, but since v9.0 of the software, if you have a Sonos AirPlay device and any 'non-Sonos' AirPlay beacons broadcasting on your network, the lock-screen controls are (unfortunately) disabled, unless you choose to disable those beacons. That’s what the Sonos Support link says that I referred you to earlier. Hope that now clears up any ambiguity you may have here.
Note also that if you play from another App, like Spotify, Amazon Music, or Apple Music etc. to your Sonos speakers, then you will still have the lock-screen controls from those 3rd party Apps and can control the volume with the device hardware buttons in those circumstance. So these restrictions only apply to the Sonos App in a case where you have a Sonos AirPlay speaker in your household and other non-Sonos AirPlay devices, like an Apple TV, or a HomePod etc; just as examples.
Badge +1
Yeah i cant change