Answered

not happy in florida

• 31 July 2020
  • 5 replies

i have checked my system on the sonos site and have no clue as to whether or not my play 1s my play three my soundbar or my connect amp are compatble with the S2 app nowhere in that screen does it tell me.as of now i can’t manage anything on my controller which is on an Imac and app on my ipad shows S1.my question is if i complete the upate to S2 will it brick my speakers.the only speaker that shows Gen 2 is the sub i purchased after the system was up an working for some time 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 July 2020, 20:06

While it isn’t as clear as it could be, when checking your devices owned on the Sonos web site, the devices which are only S1 will be flagged as such. If there is no flag, then they are S2 capable. There’s also a flag if a device is available for a trade up credit, which is also a good indicator that a device is S1 only.

But if you see no flags in red, then all are S2 capable. 

View original

5 replies

While it isn’t as clear as it could be, when checking your devices owned on the Sonos web site, the devices which are only S1 will be flagged as such. If there is no flag, then they are S2 capable. There’s also a flag if a device is available for a trade up credit, which is also a good indicator that a device is S1 only.

But if you see no flags in red, then all are S2 capable. 

Hey Airgetlam……...thankyou very much for clearing up my concerns about losing my system if i update to the S2 app.I’m still a bit leary about it since i’ve invested over three thousand dollars and don’t want to buy a new system…….Thanks again

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @digital music lover 22.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you this guide to check which Sonos devices are compatible with the Sonos S2 app. regarding your Sonos Connect Amp, You may send me a direct message with the serial number so I can verify with the Sonos system if that Sonos component is compatible with the Sonos S2 app or not because that would depend on the manufacturing date of the Sonos Connect Amp.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if yous till have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks.

Hey Paul…….after the Airgetlam reply i took the chance and got got S2 update from your site for both my ipad and my imac and i’m happy to say all is well and all the equipment has been updated……..I’m now Happy in Florida thanks for responding

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @digital music lover 22.

Thank you for the update and feedback.

I’m glad everything is all working fine. I do hope you keep on enjoying your Sonos. I’m happy the tables have turned and made you a happy man.

If you need any other questions or concerns answered, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We’re always here to help out.

Thanks,