Question

Not getting any Notifications on Iphone

• 29 October 2019
  • 33 replies

Badge

The Sonos app doesn’t show up in my notification settings. I’m unable to receive any notifications from Sonos. I would like to have my alarms show up when they are going off in the morning but that appears impossible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi everyone, the team is working with Apple on an intermittent issue that affects some devices that may be what you’re seeing. If you have iOS 13+ and don’t see Notifications for the Sonos App in the iOS Settings, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to get it to show up.

To start with, forget the current Sonos system under Settings in the Sonos app. Then, uninstall the Sonos app and install it again, and reconnect with your system.

If that doesn’t do the trick, it’s probably the situation that the team is working on. Some of your iOS devices might show the notifications option in Settings while others might not.

I’ll let you know when there’s any news to share on a resolution for this. 

Not solved with Sonos app 11.1 or iOS 13.4.1 either. When will a solution be available?

Badge

Maybe uninstall the app and reinstall it?

I've already tried that, unfortunately without success. :slight_frown:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Ryan S and everybody else… ;-)

For me as a workarround to force the acception of iOS messages for the Sonos app it worked to reinstall Alexa within the Sonos App. At the end of the process iOS was asking to allow messages for Sonos. 
I started changing from Alexa to GA for one of my rooms and while the GA app was searching for rooms i aborted the process and loged in again for alexa in the Sonos App. 

Now for the iOS device i was doing this, iOS messages for Sonos are working again. 
It worked on iOS 12 and 13...

But for alarms there still is a bug with iOS 13…

Now i have the message window on lockscreen for the alarm, but when using it to go to the sonos app the iOS message window in the Sonos App for snoozing the alarm opens just for  a millisecond and disappears. So i am not able to snooze an alarm. 
This Bug only exists on iOS 13, on iOS 12 it workes as it should. 

Ralf

...sorry for the german screenshot… ;-)

Badge

Thanks for the follow-up. I have a iPhone XS MAX and all the software is up to date. Sonos is the only app not showing up in notification settings. Not really sure what else I can do. I updated my phone and now my location setting is gone. I’m just losing features left and right. Lol

Same problem here (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 11.3, newest Sonos App Version). Tried to reinstall the app but that din’t help either. Please fix!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

For me the troubleshooting steps didn‘t work… not with latest sonos app on iOS13 and not on iOS12. 
So i think i can just wait for sonos fixing it. :-(

After having the same issue as everyone else, I’m happy to report version 12 has brought my notifications back. I proceeded to set the alarm and that triggered standard ios popup to allow for notifications. They now show up under app options. Because I have other airplay devices, I still don’t get the lock screen controls but if I set the alarm and leave the sonos app on my phone open and lock the phone, snooze notification will wake the phone. If app is closed then notification doesn’t pop up. That might be related to airplay, not sure, but still progress. Iphone 11, 13.5.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Same problem… Sonos 10.6.1 App on iPadOS 13.3 and iOS 13.3. 

In the past i did Sonos app updates and notification settings were still there, but after deleting the app and doing a new install they are lost. :rolling_eyes:
So no chance for alarm snooze…

Ralf

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Maybe it's because the beta version of IOS is in use? Does anybody use the (public) beta of iOS (currently 13.3.1)?

No, iOS beta is not the reason…

The problem for me is on iOS 13.3 and also on 12.4.4 using several devices. 

iPhone X here. iOS 13.3, latest Sonos app. I have a ton more options than you for some reason. Maybe uninstall the app and reinstall it?

Userlevel 7

Hi SFTechieScum

Go to: Settings > Scroll down to Sonos app > Notifications > Allow notifications

Configure how and where you want the notifications to appear, sounds and options.

Note: Don’t forget to charge your iPhone (battery shoes critical) :sweat_smile:

Cheers!

Any progress on this? Still not working with Sonos app 11.0 and iOS 13.4

Badge

So I did that and there is no option for notifications.

Userlevel 7

OK….what version of iOS are you running?  I’m using iOS 13.1.3.  However, I have yet to move Sonos to new version of 10.5. and/or move to iOS 13.2. I’ll do so this evening (for both) and see what happens to my Sonos notifications.

Hint: If running the latest version of iOS which is 13.2 ...power cycle your device to see if that corrects everything.

Maybe uninstall the app and reinstall it?

I've already tried that, unfortunately without success. :slight_frown:

Did you reboot the iPhone after uninstalling the Sonos app?

Curious question, do you have any Airplay-enabled devices, beside Sonos, at home? E.g. Apple TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@BCM 

I suppose the problem comes up after doing a new install. Just doing updates of the Sonos app the notifications option kept staying in iOS settings. 

Interesting. Well that’s something I’m not going to try. :sunglasses:

Same here for iPhone XS

Badge

Yes, I uninstalled the app. Then restarted the iPhone and reinstalled the app.

Curious question, do you have any Airplay-enabled devices, beside Sonos, at home? E.g. Apple TV.

Yes I have an Apple TV (Gen 4).

Badge

Same problem here… :(

(newest iOS Version and newest Sonos-App Version - iPhone Xs)

Yes, I uninstalled the app. Then restarted the iPhone and reinstalled the app.

Yes I have an Apple TV (Gen 4).

For testing purposes, turn off Airplay on Apple TV, close the Sonos app (swipe up), open it again and see if the notification setting has re-emerged.

Badge

Maybe it's because the beta version of IOS is in use? Does anybody use the (public) beta of iOS (currently 13.3.1)?

@Ryan_S would also like support - same issue here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

May be that all sonos developers are very busy working on the needed updates for legacy product support. :smirk: So there is no capacity for fixing such a „little bug“... :triumph:

It happens, but just ignoring the thing is a bad way imo…

Would be nice to hear something about it from sonos support.