Answered

Not enough room for update ---playlist

• 10 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have 6 playlist that have no more than 500 songs in them.
My music library has 5311 albums with 24,781 track. a far cry from 65,000!!
I have 4 Sonos (1 Sonos One, 2 Connect:Amp's and 1 Connect)
What is my problem and why?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 11 October 2018, 22:52

Sonos removed our ability to see a lot of the internal data so submitting a diagnostic and posting the number here or to one of the other support options for Sonos to look at and get back to you about is the only way to tell what is going on.

You might experiment with shortening the path name length to your library, make each section as short as possible. If that gives you more songs before you get the "no room" problem then work on shortening other stuff. Ours is "//pi/m" and can't go much shorter.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not sure, from your post. What is the targeted device when you start the update? Have you considered submitting a diagnostic for Sonos to take a look?
Long track and file names can cause this. Particularly with opera titles, some of the library management programs will throw the whole first stanza lyrics into the names. While not so convenient for the human manager, SONOS would be happy with track file names ranging from 00001.FLAC - 65000.FLAC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos removed our ability to see a lot of the internal data so submitting a diagnostic and posting the number here or to one of the other support options for Sonos to look at and get back to you about is the only way to tell what is going on.

You might experiment with shortening the path name length to your library, make each section as short as possible. If that gives you more songs before you get the "no room" problem then work on shortening other stuff. Ours is "//pi/m" and can't go much shorter.