Question

not able to use apple music

• 3 February 2017
  • 5 replies

I updated sonos controller yesterday. Seem to now be running a beta version 7.2 of sonos conroller for Mac (though did not sign up for this -- not intentionally). Since then not able to play apple music through sonos. Removed apple music but then could not add it again. Grateful for advice. Have submitted diagnostic info. no.7064873

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Anyone from sonos able to help?
Not from Sonos, but you are unquestionably in the beta. The link below contains some useful advice. If you have a PC, Mac or Android device you can download a fully functional controller, as it is only iOS controllers that have limited functionality in beta (because of Apple restrictions) . Or extract yourself from the beta then reupdate.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-room-settings-app-6764995/index1.html#post16084627
Thanks v much. Seem to have sorted by resetting everything. Never knowingly signed up for beta and website said i wasn't in it but yes after update was definitely running a beta version.. strange.
If you used a custom installer, sometimes they use their own email credentials to register instead of the client's. Then they sign up for beta and all their clients are now on the list. You can check your registered email by going to the Settings->My Account menu.
Thanks. Yes that explains it. In setting it up again I also put in my email etc