Answered

No options of music to play for Alarm

• 5 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Tried setting an alarm up on my SONOS one sl in my bedroom but when I go to select the music to go with the alarm there is nothing there. All the headings are there i.e. Sonos Radio, etc but when you select any of these headings there is nothing behind them...all missing any selectable content. Not sure why?? 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 9 January 2021, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BOM75, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community and for letting us know about your concern. To help you out with this, I’ll be requesting a diagnostic report for us to check for any errors. Just provide the confirmation number in your response to take a closer look. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. We'll wait for your response.

Hi. 

diagnostic report number is 1217153742.

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @BOM75

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic.  Upon checking the report, only the Sono Arc showing as online and the rest of your Sonos speakers are offline. Are they currently unplugged from the power?

To help you out with this, let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you and will be able to address the alarm set up issue.

1. Check the LED light
    • Press the join button on your Sonos devices.
    • Note if and how the LED responds. What is the light color? Is it solid or flashing light?
  2. Put the player into a Hardware Diagnostic Mode
    • Press and hold the join button for 10 seconds. The LED will turn Red.
    • Once in Hardware Diagnostic mode, please note the LED pattern. (i.e. Solid Red, 11 White Blinks, Solid Orange, Solid Green, 4 White Blinks)
    • Press the play/pause button to exit Hardware Diagnostic mode.
    • Check in the Sonos app if you see all your Sonos speakers.
  3. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  4. Set up alarm on the Sonos app and try to select music.

If you're still unable to select music to set up the alarm, I recommend contacting our phone support team to further look into this or possible product replacement. Our phone support team is closed during weekends but you may reach them from Monday through Friday, 9 am - 5 pm GMT. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Hello Rowena,

All my Sonos equipment works and connects fine I just don’t have it on all the time with the exception of my Arc.

The issue arises when I go to access music options when setting up alarm - barely anything is visible / selectable.

Bit annoying.

Guess I’ll have to ring support.

Rgds,

Ben.