Question

No Menu on App

• 3 November 2019
  • 14 replies

Badge

Been trying to connect speakers all day as unplugged one last night and not working.  There is no settings or menu on the app and wondering if anyone else has same problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This usually happens when the software versions on speakers/app do not match. Make sure your device is capable of being updated to latest software and then update

I’m also wondering if it might have to do with the font size settings on the device forcing the bottom tabs off the screen. What device are you running the controller on?

Badge

Sonos app version is 10.5, software on speakers was updated yesterday evening not sure what version it is because i can no longer access them through the app, any help appreciated.

Badge

Badge

I get that screen when I tap the room settings button it just refreshes to the same screen.

Badge

If I hit the more options tab all I get is this

Ah, I misunderstood the issue. 

Have you tried connecting one speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable?

Badge

Hi I am running g it on Andriod samsung 8, wife as it on samsung 9 and daughter on the I phone xr we get the same screen.

Badge

Yes tried running one speaker through ethernet and we still have the same Issue

Is there any possibility that you’re running a mesh network, or network extenders?

And Stuart_W, my apologies for stomping on you. 

Badge

No running it as we normally do it was working fine yesterday evening all we did was unplug  one speaker to move it  and it would not reconnect.

Badge

By running it normally I mean no extenders and no mesh. 👍🏻

Hmm. If you’ve tried an Ethernet cable, and it still doesn’t connect, I’d recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Badge

Thanks for your help I will have to call them in the morning.