News on the hour, every hour

Independent of if Sonos is playing or not, it would have been nice to have it play the news on top of the hour, every hour!

To be more specific: Have Sonos play...
- a selected radio station (or a playlist (containing a radio station in my case))
- on selected days
- within certain hours of the day
- every n hours (minutes?), for x minutes (seconds?)
- with crossfade (if crossfade is on)

In my case: Working from home, listening to music all day, it would have been nice to listen to the news every hour and then return to my music when the news is finnished...

...or any other situation where you want interval notification of any sort (put what you like in the playlist)...

This sounds like an advance alarm feature... 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I know as a radio service, Slacker Radio allows you to set it up where ABC News headlines will play within your stations (at the top of the hour, I believe). You can also have ESPN Sports headlines. They don't go quite as far as you're asking with the selected days/times though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nice avatar sohi. If alarms had a return to previous playing it could work that way.
I know as a radio service, Slacker Radio allows you to set it up where ABC News headlines will play within your stations (at the top of the hour, I believe). You can also have ESPN Sports headlines. They don't go quite as far as you're asking with the selected days/times though.

Isolated this is cool, but specifically doesn't cover my 'problem'. Great source of inspiration maybe?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings