New SONOS Desktop App BIG PROBLEM!

• 27 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
We have commercial SONOS customers that rely on the desktop app to control their system, as there is no WiFi available for mobile devices. I cannot for a minute think we are the only SONOS customers in this predicament.
The latest desktop application does not allow any system management at all. We need SONOS to release a new version that will restore system management. My discussions with SONOS support were unsatisfactory to say the least, but they did suggested starting a thread to round up support for a revised controller.
So come on people, lets get the ball rolling!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Android tablet, USB micro Ethernet adapter. That's the only solution, because your wish is not going to happen.
Userlevel 4
Badge
redballrado , check out this thread. We've been trying to get Sonos to restore the desktop functionality for months now.
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/updates-to-the-desktop-controller-coming-soon-6813300
You are not the only one my friend. I have over 10 clients in the exact same boat. We are reluctantly now looking for an alternative solution. Madness. I'm guessing that most Small Medium Business or Enterprise will simply replace their sonos kit moving forward rather than bother to attend these forums. Such a shame as I loved working with Sonos kit.