New Songs App and Interfaces Suck

• 3 December 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I have been a lover of Sonos for years. My whole home is set up. And since the latest app I find it nothing but frustrating. I can't figure out how to change songs, how to find rooms, or do anything I want to. It is counterintuitive, frustrating, and time wasting. What I used to love was that anyone could figure anything out. I stare at my iPad or my computer or my phone and really just want to throw everything across the room and turn on a transistor radio. Major fail as far as I'm concerned.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Couldn't agree more. Worst upgrade I've ever seen, plus my Pandora keeps crashing. Please rollback the update!!!
The latest app for Android is horrible-you can't add music from the app-it just doesn't work. The app has gotten worse with each update and now just doesn't work at all!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
While the new app has some layout issues. It does work properly. If your having trouble you should reach out for help in getting issues resolved.
Deleting it and reinstalling helps. But having used Sonos since I got my first ZP100 over ten years ago, with 6 units in use, I continued to be frustrated by the poor quality of the Android App. It is so counter-intuitive, I find it easier to use my ten year old controllers. I mean, why if I am looking at what's playing on a unit do I have to close that window, and figure out what sub menu I need to go to to change music on that zone? I am fairly sophisticated with tech, but last night with the new app, I could not figure out how to change music-very frustrating! The play/stop button did not change when the music was playing or stopped... So every time the App changes, it takes quite a while to figure out how to use it again. In short, Sonos needs to stop trying to screw up a good thing-but they won't.
Is anybody here who could help me getting an old version of the Sonos Controller app? I would prefer a 7.x version. I need this in order to use my iPhone 4 that cannot be upgraded to iOS 9.0 which is the minimum requirement for the current app.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Stefan
They made the best, most easy to use interface more difficult. Why would they do that?
So you would use their controller, instead of your phone!!!! My 12 year old controllers still work great-have started using them again.
While the new app has some layout issues....

Some layout issues? I think it would be more accurate to say that it is almost unusable if you want to do anything more than turn on a very simple one room Sonos system, and I only say "almost" because there may be a way that I have not been able to find.

Thankfully, the desktop version still works some. Things are harder to find, but at least it can be done.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Couldn't agree more. Worst upgrade I've ever seen, plus my Pandora keeps crashing. Please rollback the update!!!
The Pandora issue is a bug... SONOS is fixing it now... They have no idea when it will be fixed...
I have Android phones. The current Sonos UI is a disaster. Please fix this NOW.
Exact same thought. I have a house full of Sonos but I have just about lost all patience for the app. Pure crap. Fix it, I will find other alternatives if it's not.
Userlevel 2
Same Here. Have LOVED Sonos for years, but this new app totally SUCKS. Do these people really listen to their customers???