New Samsung Note 8 and Sonos App v7.4 not responding

• 21 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I have new Samsung Note 8, and I have installed the Sonos App on it to control things. The app on the phone occasionally boots up and lets me search, however whenever I try and add the content I can't select anything. I can change the search criteria, but I can't select anything that it finds. All of the apps on other devices work fine, as well as the computer applications, it is just on my Note 8. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and killed the app and relaunched it, all with no change. The only way I have found to get it to work is to open the app, then let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hmm, I'm wondering if there's any possibility of your speakers being on a different firmware version than the app you just downloaded? Your experience doesn't match all the telltales of that situation, but it is a remote possibility.

The other thing I'd recommend is, once you've waited that 5-10 minutes to get the app actually open, is to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. There may be something in the logs that are included with the diagnostic that will help them pinpoint the issue, and give you more concrete advice than my random guess.
Badge +2
I was gone all weekend, so I haven't had a chance to look into this. I will attempt to submit a diagnostic tonight. I do always try and keep everything up to date, so I'm not sure what the difference would be. I just upgraded from a Note 5 to the Note 8, and I never had any issues with the 5. Either way, I will try and submit something tonight and go from there. Thanks.
Yea, I'm a little lost on this myself, for multiple reasons. First, of course, is I'm not an Android device user anymore (since I got back from Thailand). And second, this is the first time I've heard of these symptoms in the few years I've been frequenting these boards, so I'm hoping that the diagnostic might have some data in the log files that are associated with it that will tell the folks from Sonos what's going on.

But I can conceive of it not showing up in the logs, too, especially if there's some software conflict going on before the app actually opens and starts logging data. But at the least, the data will be in their hands, and someone will hopefully follow up on it.

You've hard rebooted the device, I'm assuming? 🙂
Got my Note 8 at same time Sonos insisted on update. Then got my modem changed.......Just when I had a dinner party and WALA.......NO MUSIC. rebooted, reinstalled.....everything. Sonos finaly.....sort of.... kinda worked after recreating heaven and earth. But now....if it connetcts and I have music going I cant turn music down or off. Poltergiest III. Help
Anyone ever figure out the cause here? I have a Note 8 and am running 9.0.1 and am experiencing the same issues. Sometimes the app responds and sometimes it doesn't. No issues on any other devices.
I brouught my NOTE 3 out of retirement. It is the house designated SONOS controller. My Note 8 still having same problem.
Apple works better than Note 8.