Question

New PC on sonos system

• 3 September 2017
  • 1 reply

`I recently replaced my Mac that I used to set up my Sonos system. I now have a PC and want to know how to have it be the internet source for the system. I had help setting the system up the first time so not sure exactly what was done then, so totally not sure now. What do I have to download to my new PC to have the Sonos system recognize it rather than the old Mac? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand the question.

Do you mean how do you set it up to have the PC be the source of the music that you're playing, or do you mean how do you have the PC be the controller for the system.

The second is easy, just download the controller app from this website and install it on your PC. When you start it up, it will ask whether you're setting up a new system, or connecting to an existing system. Select the latter, not the former, and it should be good to go.

If it's the source of the music that you want to change, there's an FAQ here for that:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/261?