Answered

New interface feedback

• 16 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
since the 'update' the new layout is clunky, complicated and confusing to navigate. furthermore, I now can't find a way to search music that I have saved in Deezer on my phone. I can only search artists/albums/playlists that I have liked, but not specific music saved on my app.

All in all, it feels like your product has gone backwards, not forwards on this update. I'm also having problems with the new updated app constantly crashing, which I have raised a separate note for.

I had planned to buy 2 new Sonos 1s with voice activation but following this update I am gonna by tocwait on your response and correction first because if nothing is done I will then have to replace my Sonos sound system.

I await your urgent response.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 22 December 2017, 20:18

Hi there, Ricoeliso. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be happy to forward this along to the team.

In regards to finding phone saved to your mobile device, those are usually located in the "On this Device" section. If you save a song for offline usage in Deezer that will not come across to the Sonos application. Those files are only playable on the Deezer app.

Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Ricoeliso. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be happy to forward this along to the team.

In regards to finding phone saved to your mobile device, those are usually located in the "On this Device" section. If you save a song for offline usage in Deezer that will not come across to the Sonos application. Those files are only playable on the Deezer app.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 1
Badge
hi keith, thanks for response. however please note before the update i use to be able to find songs/artists/albums that were saved on the deezer app through "on this device" - this now no longer appears to be the case with the latest update.

Also, another frustrating feature ofthe new update is that you have moved the TV function to browse from rooms. So if i'm listening to music on my sonos soundbar (which is connected to tv) i now need to go to browse to switch over to the tv sound, rather than just select it from the room function. why? this seems less logical.

is there anyway to just go back to the old app, as i didn't have any problems before the latest update.
Offline content from streaming services has never been playable on Sonos.

TV has never been in Rooms. It has always been a source available to the room that represents the Playbar. It still appears in the list of sources for that room. 'Browse' gives you a list of sources.

In short, both these features are unchanged from the previous app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Just as John B stated, the features you are describing have never been available on Sonos. In the meantime, I am happy to forward your requests to the team for consideration.

While rolling back the software is simply not an option, we will make sure to keep improving the app in future versions based on the feedback provided. Thanks!