New app sucks!

Userlevel 2
What a major setback!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Honestly you'd think plenty of people on the Sonos team use the app, and are just as frustrated... I can't tell you how many times I curse the stupid app a week. I lose total respect when companies screw up and won't own it...just make it right. They can tweak the thing...have the source panel slide/hide... Persist the primary controls....(oh wait, then you'd be halfway back to the original ipad app that worked perfectly fine...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
agreed - its bad on many levels.  Counter-intuitive, less information without digging for it (especially ipad), takes far longer to connect, more dropouts or song skips....

add your support here:  https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/give_us_the_old_app_back_please
Stop! Give us back the old app. I own 7 Sonos system (no. 2 p5, n. 2 p3, n. 1 amp and 2 CONTROLLER ...! - In addition to the bridge, of course) and I also participated in the beta 5. The end result is disastrous. The old 4.3 was just perfect. The new one is crazy, useless, complicated as well as full of bugs. the great covers nobody cares. The two "buttons" Sonos (former music) and the rooms are ridiculous. On my iPad, the new app is downright embarrassing. 
Can not figure out how Sonos is looking for self-destruction. 
Regards, Lanfranco
Yes, it's very bad. 😞 😞 ...... Can't belive why it was not testet before release. Lot of things sucks 😞 ..... Give us back the old controller now 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Yes, it's very bad. 😞 😞 ...... Can't belive why it was not testet before release. Lot of things sucks 😞 ..... Give us back the old controller now :-)
Henrik - I was in the beta testing group and can confirm it was tested extensively.  There is a difference between testing to find bugs versus getting feedback on the changes.  The bugs were quashed, but sadly my feedback and that of many others on how we didnt like the changes was ignored.
Yes, it's very bad. 😞 😞 ...... Can't belive why it was not testet before release. Lot of things sucks 😞 ..... Give us back the old controller now :-)
Ok, yes I understand, but why change a perfect setup to this ? I know it was intended to be better, but unfortunately not. Please roll it back. 😕
Hi. 🙂 A new update is available, and some of my issues has been fixed.. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I dont see any visible differences - what was fixed for you Henrik ?
Userlevel 3
Hi Henrik, 

That's an interesting screenshot, I assume you are running 5.x?  I can see this is from the ipad, but I thought Sonos were going for a single look and feel regardless of platform.

I am using Android on a tablet and I don't see the repeat/crossfade options on this screen, nor the other one to the right, whatever that is.  The 'Alarm' and 'Cancel' is also not visible.

I do however, see the 'Queue' option to the right of the volume, the 3 parallel bars.

I am running the current beta.

Intrigued.

Graham
Userlevel 2
Badge
C'm on, it really bad. In iPhone I can't search my own library, it only find Spotify songs. Do it again, do it right.

Mats
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Its been over a year since Sonos discontinued a dedicated tablet app and users are forced to use a mobile phone app on their tablet. Is their any word of Sonos bringing back an iPad controller especially now that the iPad Pro is available?
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
What are you talking about? The iPad app is beautiful and the UI is great.
Userlevel 1
I am so pissed off! I can't even figure out how to play more than one zone at a time. Actually, i dont think you can. no way to have more than one group at a time. so we lost a key benefit to investing in SONOS because the APP team needed to do something fresh... ? opposite of intuitive!!! How do you release something so bad... you need a beta test group of customers. they would have begged you to shit can this disaster. my 10 year old looked at me and said, "what where they thinking." Goof balls! I am now seriously considering going all Apple.. and I have $1,500 worth of this product. Morons! And I am filtering my thoughts...
It would have been better to have kept those thoughts to yourself if all you can manage is an inarticulate, offensive rant. Whether you are right or wrong.
Although maybe the funniest thing is that you have posted on an old thread slating the app you loved so much
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Although maybe the funniest thing is that you have posted on an old thread slating the app you loved so much

Not that funny really, it took them a year to recover from that debacle.

Corporate amnesia.?

The worrying thing is that they had little or no competition then..
I am away from my system at the moment, haven't seen the new app and so have no opinion about it. But one lesson from history is that all changes to the app are followed within hours by posts suggesting that it us a disaster and should be rolled back.

Oh the irony! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Oh the irony! :D

Well, amongst all the waste-of-space posts over the last couple of days angrily and often rudely dissing Alexa integration and the new mobile apps, here's one I actually enjoyed! Thanks for cheering me up.
I am away from my system at the moment, haven't seen the new app and so have no opinion about it. But one lesson from history is that all changes to the app are followed within hours by posts suggesting that it us a disaster and should be rolled back.

Most of the new releases over the last 5 years have been different for no improvement. Once you get used to them they are really just about equal. This one is counter productive. Deeper menus for no gain. It sucks in my opinion. It is unfortunately the direction of things. Many, many consumers just want some new shiny thing to keep their ADD interested.
I spent $2000 dollars on a complete SONOS system and you expect that SONOS would have a reasonable app to operate the system. There is no remote so I am stuck with this poorly designed APP. I think I can return it up until Jan 10, 2018.
Badge
I also have great trouble navigating the new app.
Is there alternatives to Sonos, since I am very close to finding a system that actually works.
My music library, which is on an USB-stick on my router. That I cant find any way to play songs from. I can update it and old playlists that acces the music library works fine, but I can't browse the contents anywhere or find anything when I search...
Very frustrating