New app feedback 8.0

• 18 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
My sense is that the new app takes more clicks/hunting to select one of my several Sonos speakers, and then choose music for it. Yes, it will be easier once everyone is using voice commands, but now it feels like it take a lot more effort to do this simple task in the new app. If I’m confused, your app needs a tutorial...but an upgrade from one app to another should not need a tutorial!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I totally agree. The app has become less intuitive and requires more back and forth to perform simple tasks. I agree that voice commands will be good. But, it is not a tutorial that is needed, in my opinion I feel that when you go to rooms and select your room, the only option you get is to open the now playing window. And to change it, you have to then leave and go to another tab (unless all you want is to skip to the next track). And it just doesn’t seem intuitive to then have to change tabs to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I totally agree. The app has become less intuitive and requires more back and forth to perform simple tasks. I agree that voice commands will be good. But, it is not a tutorial that is needed, in my opinion I feel that when you go to rooms and select your room, the only option you get is to open the now playing window. And to change it, you have to then leave and go to another tab (unless all you want is to skip to the next track). And it just doesn’t seem intuitive to then have to change tabs to me.

Sonos has indicated on this forum that they plan to include the bottom row of tabs on the Now Playing screen, in a subsequent update. That will make room switching more streamlined. I’d also like to see slightly more efficient use of screen real estate — e.g., make the rooms list more compact.
I️ this app just doesn’t work well at all. Have to choose the rooms i want to listen to several times before it registers on the app. Need to upgrade this app quickly.
You are too polite. The new app is terrible. Plain and simple.
Userlevel 4
Badge
"Yes, it will be easier once everyone is using voice commands" !!!!!????
I have no intention of ever using them. I like to look at the artwork, scan library to find forgotten albums and pass my phone around the dining table for guests to do likewise.
The current app is not fit for purpose.
Userlevel 1
"Yes, it will be easier once everyone is using voice commands..."

I, for one, have no intention of installing always-on microphones in every room in my house. Voice commands will NEVER be a viable alternative to a usable app.