New App and Voice Integration is GREAT

• 11 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Who agrees?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I agree! Lots of negativity on the forums but i like the look of it. I'm also starting to get used to the voice integration and the use of the correct commands. Very impressed so far!
Not thrilled about the white color scheme, but the app is (to me) a big improvement. Takes some getting used to, but that is muscle memory. IMHO, most of the uproar is unfamiliarity masquerading as "unintuitiveness". I predict the next big UI change, the same people will be screaming to go back to version "today minus one", just as they did for every UI change before.

Voice is great. Some kinks to iron out, and I expect it to improve in both scope and reliability, but I'm having fun with it now. 10 years ago, when I first bought Sonos, it was amazing to me to play anything, anywhere in my home at the touch of a controller. But i never dreamed I'd be starting a cooking session with "Alexa, pay smooth jazz in the kitchen", yet here we are today!