Question

Network Problem on iPhone App - Can not login

• 21 June 2020
  • 4 replies

When I select. Set up new system, and then login with an account I created in the browser, the app says:

“Network Problem

Check your internet connection and make sure all your products are plugged in. 

If you’re still having a problem, check the system settings on this device to make sure the date and time settings are correct.”

Well both the internet and the date/time settings are correct. It’s set to automatically sync the date and time, but I’ve tried it manually as well.

I think something is wrong with the app itself because when I go to create an account with any email in general, it claims the email exists - even if I have NEVER used it with sonos

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Try a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of your Sonos devices. If that doesn’t clear it up, contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more options available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Have the same issue with version 2 I installed version 1 and it worked fine so the issue is on the Sonos side so if you run Sonos s1 you should have no problem 

When I select. Set up new system, and then login with an account I created in the browser, the app says:

“Network Problem

Check your internet connection and make sure all your products are plugged in. 

If you’re still having a problem, check the system settings on this device to make sure the date and time settings are correct.”

Well both the internet and the date/time settings are correct. It’s set to automatically sync the date and time, but I’ve tried it manually as well.

I think something is wrong with the app itself because when I go to create an account with any email in general, it claims the email exists - even if I have NEVER used it with sonos

I see from the tags in your post you are using an iPhone for the setup… does the iOS version meet the Sonos system requirements mentioned HERE? Just thought that maybe worth checking. 

It does.