Question

Need to Uninstall Sonos Controller and it REFUSES to uninstall

Hi there!

Sorry to say…

I was mislead by an article I read concerning Thom Yorke’s Radio Station/Playlists/Show, what have you, related to being able to use a Deezer account to listen without needing to have Sonos EQ. Whoa.. was I wrong!

Thus, I need to uninstall the Sonos Controller Desktop App from my PC. 

As of 2020/30/05 - I have attempted to uninstall this “program” over a dozen times many different ways and gosh darnit - it REFUSES TO UNINSTALL.

I do not own any Sonos products, nor could I ever afford them and want this gone!

Why is it that when I click “uninstall” I get a window saying, “preparing to uninstall” and then the next is whether or not I want to allow Sonos to update? I refresh my uninstall folder and the program is still there! Try again, SAME THING!!!  Go through other avenues, including having my antivirus software do the uninstall and STILL THE SAME THING!!

All this hassle for Thom Yorke…     :(    I know, through my 26 obsessive years of Radiohead and Yorke fandom that he would not be okay with this.

Why am I NOT ALLOWED TO UNINSTALL???  

Seems also that I signed up for a paid sub with Deezer for no reason as well, when I already have one with another service that offers much more. But, that is not your problem, just a gripe. 

I have searched this community, forums, everything else and no one has posed this question. The closet I got was “needing to uninstall for update”, which of course is the farthest thing I want to do.

Please help this mislead idiot?  

4 replies

I would perhaps reboot the PC and try again. If no joy, then reinstall ...and uninstall via the control panel ‘programs and features’ option and see if that fixes it for you. 

I would perhaps reboot the PC and try again. If no joy, then reinstall ...and uninstall via the control panel ‘programs and features’ option and see if that fixes it for you. 

I have done all of that and more..   

:(

Thank you for that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Weird, can you post a screenshot of “ whether or not I want to allow Sonos to update “?

Yes, absolutely. I am on the road today working, but will provide you with that as soon as I get back.

Thank you 😊