Answered

My Sonos Screen won’t scroll on Android Phone

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

For the last couple of months every time I start up the Sonos app on my S21 phone, I can’t scroll the My Sonos tab either across to show more radio stations or down to show the BBC Sounds options. Sometimes it allows me to scroll across but not down and other times no scrolling at all.

If I press Edit then Done in the Edit screen without changing anything, the scrolling works OK for the time that the app is loaded, but if I close and re-open the app it goes back to not scrolling again.

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 August 2022, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you tried:

• clearing the app’s cache?
  • clearing the app’s data (or resetting the app)?
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks for the reply and I think your suggestions have sorted me out :)

Clearing the cache didn’t sort it but clearing the data as well has hopefully sorted it. It seems to scroll properly every time now. 

Thinking about it, it probably started happening when I transferred my apps from the old S10 phone to this S21.

Restoring backed up apps onto a new phone often brings old data with them. Sometimes this can be a bit stale.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Restoring backed up apps onto a new phone often brings old data with them. Sometimes this can be a bit stale.

Makes sense and something I’d not considered before trying your suggestions. I’ll see how it goes now and thanks once again

I'm having this problem. How do you clear the app's cache, clear its data, and reset the app?

For the cache: Go to the Android ‘app info’ settings for Sonos, choose Storage then hit the ‘Clear cache’ button.

For the data: either as above but hit ‘Clear data’, or in the app itself Settings/App Preferences/Reset App.

On many modern versions of Android you can get into the app info easily by long-touch on the app icon to pop the context menu then tap the “i” button.