Question

My Sonos limits?

• 29 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Anyone know the maximum number of songs, albums, playlists, etc. that can be stored in My Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s not a specific number, although the 65,000 amount is tossed around fairly frequently. It actually has to do with the memory used by all the tracked field by the Sonos library. So, if you’ve got a lot of extra data in various fields, it could be less. 

In My Sonos the limit is 70 items.

Ah, I didn’t properly read the question, my apologies. ratty is, as usual, correct. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

70 items—How is that determined?  For example, if I create a Playlist with 20 entries, does that count as  20 against the total of 70, or just 1?  And how about an album with 12 songs—is that 12 or 1?

BTW, 70 seems quite low.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

70 items—How is that determined?  For example, if I create a Playlist with 20 entries, does that count as  20 against the total of 70, or just 1?  And how about an album with 12 songs—is that 12 or 1?

Only the Playlist’s “location” is being saved in My Sonos, it could have 5 songs or 5000, and it still only takes up one spot.