My Harmony Remote doesn't play SONOS internet radio stations

My Logitech My Harnony Remote has added control of SONOS to its capability.  The problem is that my saved radio stations will not play, and many times they freeze the remote.  This is a new capability to the remote, and I can't seem to get an answer as to how to fix it. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have them set as sonos favorites. That worked for me in he past but found the harmony software for not always reliable and I don't use a lot for sonos.
Yes, they are set as my favourites, but, for some reason, the radio stations are no longer accessible via the Harmony remote.  I think Harmony has included Sonos without much putting much R&D into it
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I will try mine tonight
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
This may sound silly but have you checked the facouriers work from the Sonos controller? If not, re-add them to favourites from TuneIn, deleteing the old ones and then update the favourites on the Harmony remote. I do agree, Logitec have integrated it but not brilliantly, still better than nothing I guess!?
This may sound silly but have you checked the facouriers work from the Sonos controller? If not, re-add them to favourites from TuneIn, deleteing the old ones and then update the favourites on the Harmony remote. I do agree, Logitec have integrated it but not brilliantly, still better than nothing I guess!?
Sorry, what is the "facouriers work"?  All of my radio stations show up in my favourites in my Sonos controller on my desktop, I just can't play them with the Harmony remote
I did update my Harmony Ultimate remote downstairs first before trying as disclaimer. 
It would be great if Logitech provided tech support by email, or otherwise, beyond the three month period.  I don't understand how they can charge $350 for a device and not, at least, provide support for a year, which is the warranty period.  I am now using an app on my blackberry called Room Tunes that seems to work well, however, it doesn't allow me to listen to some of the more obscure internet radio stations that I was able to find with the Harmony remote. The whole thing is very confusing.  I have two apps on two devices to play Sonos, but the stupid Harmony remote won't play it.  I'm back to a situation that was the reason why I bought a Universal Remote.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
That's classic autocorrect... meant to say : "This may sound silly but have you checked the FAVOURITES work from the Sonos controller? If not, re-add them to favourites from TuneIn, deleteing the old ones and then update the favourites on the Harmony remote."
They are in my favourites in the Sonos controller, but still don't work with the Harmony remote. I may try to delete them on the Sonos controller and then try again with the Harmony remote.thanks.
I know this is an old thread but i am having the same problem. I added a radio station from spotify into my Sonos favorites. I checked it and they worked fine in the sonos app but it wont play from harmony after setting it up as an activity. anyone figure this out?
Same problem here... Added stations to favorites, I can see them on remote, but when I selected any of them, nothing happens and Sonos will never play them. Same favorites launched from Sonos controller (or app on phone) works without any problems.
Same problem here... Added stations to favorites, I can see them on remote, but when I selected any of them, nothing happens and Sonos will never play them. Same favorites launched from Sonos controller (or app on phone) works without any problems.
Have you tried removing the Sonos Devices and/or the corresponding Harmony Activity and setting them up Again? I have just tested BBC Radio 4 from Tune-in using the iPad Harmony App and that is working okay for me with a Harmony Hub.
I'll try to do some testing... Removing Sonos is a last resort, as it's part of 10 other activities and I don't want to reconfigure everything again if I can avoid it...
Badge
I'm having this problem also. All of my Sonos controllers can play all of my 20 or so "Sonos" favorite music channels, BUT my Harmony Elite/Hub can only play TWO of those same favorite channels. I have completely deleted all of my Sonos favorites on the Sonos application, and then re-designated them; I've deleted and then re-created my Sonos device and all related activities on the Harmony application; but still, the Harmony controller can only play those same 2 "favorite" stations.
I'm having this problem also. All of my Sonos controllers can play all of my 20 or so "Sonos" favorite music channels, BUT my Harmony Elite/Hub can only play TWO of those same favorite channels.

Good catch, I can confirm that. Sonos works, but only with some favorite stations. In my case, it is 1 out of 4 that always works.