Music services disappeared after update

• 6 October 2017
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
I have been using Sonos since it came out and really never had a problem. Today my app updated and phone is not able to see either my Mac music library or the music on the phone itself. What happened?
Gabriele

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Seems odd, unless something else changed at the same time. There's no functional difference between the two apps, except the way the UI is presented, as near as I can tell. Have you double checked any firewall settings? Firewall FAQ

I've got an iPhone (7 Plus) and 3 Macs (2 Airs and a MacBook), and haven't had any issues with the app seeing the iTunes library that I keep on a NAS.

Maybe you should submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
I just updated also, and the same appears to have happened. Lost both my apple and google music services. I am using a samsung galaxy s8 plus on my sonos 5.
Never had an issue in the past.
Same here Gabriele. All my services are gone. All I get is Sonos playlist, stations and albums. Pandora, Amazon, pocketcast etc. are gone and on top of it all Sonos support is incommunicado. I remember the good old days when Sonos was young, aggressive and service oriented.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
ios7 is dead to sonos.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127
Same issue on my android, iPad and pc. Very frustrating!
So I just went in to start adding my services again. I started with my Pandora account. After I re-added Pandora, everything else reappeared. Might be worth a try for everyone out there who was frustrated like me.....hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I have been told google & amazon have added checks to only allow their services through a sonos registered controller, so that may have something or nothing to do with it...
Same here. Using Sonos all year. No problems. After last week's FORCED system update, i have to add my google music account everytime i go to use sonos. I was playing music a few minutes ago, went to play another song and i couldnt. Google Music has disappeared from Sonos AGAIN!!!
I have been using Sonos since it came out and really never had a problem. Today my app updated and phone is not able to see either my Mac music library or the music on the phone itself. What happened?
Gabriele
The same thing happened to me. All my playlists from my iPhone6 just disappeared. I got a message "browse your music and you can add each song". Like I want to do that. I hate updates regardless of where they come from: something always, always gets screwed up! I am really irritated about this.
I should clarify, all my music was bought and paid for on iTunes. I don't use google or Amazon music. Songs still gone.
Userlevel 1
I found I had to "re-add" my Pandora music service. It too disappeared after the upgrade. I had to add the service and relogin, then things worked. I am totally not a fan of the new interface, it is extremely difficult to navigate and especially grouping zones. Please consider simplifying the interface. That is why I loved Sonos before, very clean and simple interface that anyone could figure out. Not anymore, the app is very difficult to use!
Same issue here -- still not resolved. I can re-add Pandora and then all my other services show up, but inevitably they get lost again. Happening on Kindle Fire (Android) as well as iOS.

Also agree the new UI is much less user-friendly.
Same here. Updated and now my radio stations have all disappeared. I had everything set up nicely on my phone and iPad. Easy access. Now can't find a thing. Extremely frustrating