Question

Music Service Icons in Sonos Controller for Mac

• 4 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I would like to please request a substantial resolution upgrade to the icons pertaining to the various music services within the Search Music Library field (upper right-hand corner) of the Sonos Controller for Mac.  Secondly, the icons pertaining to the same music services on the rightmost “Select a Music Source” panel are not much better. The rest of the controller app has received elegant updates over the few years I’ve used the software, but these (albeit relatively minor) details have languished untouched, and are visually incongruous, particularly on a high-resolution/high DPI screen.  I thought for sure this would be addressed upon the launch of the S2 ecosystem, so if these final two details can be worked out, it would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter, and please accept my compliments on the overall excellent Sonos user experience.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The Desktop controllers use 72x72 pixel bitmaps for music services. Many of these icons were last updated in 2011, and are of course provided by the ~90 different supported music services.

The mobile controllers use SVG files when available, so scale much better.

Sonos have no interest in improving the desktop controllers these days, why do you think this is such an important improvement that needs to be made? Is this really your biggest problem with the desktop app?