Answered

Music library no longer showing track numbers; tracks showing alphabetically

Hi

I have FLACs stored on a Vortexbox and use Bliss for music management. Recently (not sure exactly when, but within last few weeks) the track numbers that normally display on the LH side when viewing albums on the Sonos app have disappeared. What's more, the tracks on literally every album now sort alphabetically within album view (I have Mac, iphone and Android tablet controllers and they all show the same).

I have checked the tags and can find no problems, both within Bliss and using a different tagging program. I have tried changing my music library temporarily to iTunes on my Mac (which I don't use now but where I do have a few albums) and the problem remained (thereby I think ruling out the issue being with the Vortexbox or Bliss). I have re-imported a few albums from my back-up drive (which pre-dates this problem) to see if my music library on the VB had become corrupted - still no difference. I even did a Sonos factory re-set - still no help.

I also use TIDAL and this problem does not happen when using TIDAL through Sonos. The folder view in music library is fine but this is not the most convenient way of playing my music library.

I attach a screenshot of one album to show what I mean.

Any advice gratefully received.
icon

Best answer by adriansavage72 16 July 2018, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello. Have you found a solution for your problem? I have exactly the same problem since yesterday. Can you help?

Thanks.
Hi the problem fixed itself but not as a result of anything I did. After a few weeks, I opened Sonos one day and a message came up that said my music library needed to be re-indexed (or something like that). Once it did this all was fine. So I can't help you directly as I didn't fix it through any action on my part and I don't know what the original cause of the problem was.

However in the meantime I had found a work-around by installing Plex server on my home computer, which then allowed me to play my music library on Sonos via the Plex server rather than my Vortexbox and this worked fine with all albums properly ordered. It does take a while to set up Plex, especially if you have a large music collection, but it did work.

I hope you find a solution soon one way or another.