Answered

Music library lost (playlists)

• 12 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I have recently had to replace my Play5 under warranty (great customer service Sonos) but have now lost all of my music library. I've gone through the installation process via the android app and all of my previous music library has gone. I assumed replacing the speaker would have no effect on the music library I had on my app, any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by Chris 13 February 2018, 19:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm assuming that is the only Sonos speaker you had. In that case since the speakers hold all your settings you have to start from scratch. Of course as far as music library is concerned it just means pointing it back to your library directory.
Badge
Hi, I didn't realise the speaker held the settings. I have now expanded the network to include 2 x Sonos Ones. When you say point it back to my 'library directory' what do you mean - are you able to explain how I would that? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You said it lot your music library. I assume on a computer or nas on your network. You have to go to settings music library to add back the location.
Badge
Sorry when I said music library I meant the playlists that I had created in my android app, is there anyway to recover these?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No they are saved in speakers and you replaced your only one.
Badge
Ok thanks for your help Chris 🙂
Gutted. The same problem applied to me but no warranty. Hours and hours of creating music library and I've just replaced old system for new
So cost a pretty penny. I'm devo'd! Sonos should warn people. I'm not happy, lots of swearing here...