Question

Music library keeps disappearing / Sonos 1 controller

• 25 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello

My music library keeps disappearing hours/days after I’ve imported it, and having been able to play music from it. When I try to play something in my music library I get the “No selections are available” error message.

The problem is the same using the Sonos S1 Controller on Mac (OS 11.1) and iPhone (iOS 14.3) app.

I’ve submitted diagnostics: confirmation number 1533071357.

I’ve tried deleting and adding the music folder in the Sonos controller to no avail.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

FB

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Fred_B,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this. Upon checking the diagnostic report, it shows that there’s no music library setup in the Sonos app.

Let me ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

• Is your music library stored on your Mac or NAS drive?
  • Any changes in the network recently like a new router or new WiFi name and password?
  • Did you check the sharing permissions on your computer?
  • Did you check your MacOS firewall configuration?
  • If you have an antivirus installed on your computer, you may check the firewall configuration settings to ensure that it's not blocking Sonos.
  • Have you tried rebooting your network and Sonos devices?
    • Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Add your music library and see if you will get the same error.

If the issue is not fixed after performing the steps above, I recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to further look into this. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.