Music library > albums > ALBUM NAME combines albums with the same name.

• 21 February 2014
  • 2 replies

When selecting an album to play from the list of albums, tracks with the same album name are combined even though they are different artists. For example "Dreams" by Whitest Boy Alive are combined with "Dreams" from The Allman Brothers. I have the latest sonos controller (4.2) for mac.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello,

The Sonos Music Index stores Artist, Album, and Track names pulled from the tracks. The sort views pull up that listing. Albums view will show you all of your Album names, but any duplicated Album names get merged together as the same Album. 

We have an Idea thread open requesting a change to include a secondary sort field which includes Artist and Album, to keep those with the same names separate. I'll merge this thread over there for you to add your support to the Idea. That thread will get updated if we have an update or change.

As a workaround, you'd need to change the name of one of those albums to be different from the other, then they'll be separate.

Cheers.
Hi Sonos - found your reply to this thread which describes my problem. Have a solution been made within the Sonos Library ? I have this issue, with a lot of Greatest Hits album.
Look forward to your reply.
Thank you.