Answered

Music Indexing not working on Play 5 S1 App but is on S2 Play 3- help needed please !

• 28 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi 

I have an old Play 5 speaker and a Play 3 one too.

I’m using the S1 app for the 5 and the S2 app to control the 3 as i understand this is the only way to get both to work due to age.

I’ve recently ripped some new cds and added onto my NAS drive (WD MyCloud) i can index them no problem on the S2 app but they do not appear on the S1 app when done so, so cannot be played on the 5. If i try to index on the S1 controller it just says to update it

Is there anyway of resolving this ? So i can listen to my new purchases on the older Play 5 speaker ?

2nd question

I’m assuming that my Play 5 machine can only go as far as the S1 controller and doesnt have the capability to be run on the S2 app ? 

Thanks in advance

Ed

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 December 2021, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s likely the SMB version for the library share needs lowering to v1 for the S1 System and yes the original Play:5 will only work with the S1 App.

Hi Ken

Many thanks for the quick response, really appreciate that. Forgive me, what is the SMB version and please could you tell me how to lower that so i can update the library on that device. I’ve managed to get some music across to the older machine  but cant work out how i did that a few months ago. Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You could reset the Play:3 back to S1 and add it to your old Play:5.

Hi Ken

Many thanks for the quick response, really appreciate that. Forgive me, what is the SMB version and please could you tell me how to lower that so i can update the library on that device. I’ve managed to get some music across to the older machine  but cant work out how i did that a few months ago. Many thanks 

From other posts here (entirely at your own risk):

Goto the SMB settings under File Services, then Advanced, and then ‘Other’.  There is a setting called enable NTLMv1 authentication.  Once you do, you will get a nasty warning message about potential vulnerabilities with this aging standard.  Continue and enable the setting and it should then work.

There is probably a separate setting to adjust the SMB (Server Message Block) version in the same area too…it might be labelled ‘CIFS’ on some NAS boxes. 

Thanks both i will give that a try. Best wishes