Music Goes to Maximum and Will Not Respond to Slider Control Changes

• 22 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Had to switch Sonos off via the mains. Frightened the life out of us not to mention the neighbors. Previously did Sonos Updates. Sliders would not respond to reducing volume. It happened 3 times ( 20/10/2018 ). Anyone else had this ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sounds (no pun intended) like a stuck button, either on a speaker, or a controller device (phone/ tablet)

I can well imagine everyone within proximity might be frightened. If you have a chance next time, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this volume change, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I have done this a few times with my phone in my pocket. I catch a volume button on the phone and the house itself starts jumping around, let alone the people inside it!
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I have done this a few times with my phone in my pocket. I catch a volume button on the phone and the house itself starts jumping around, let alone the people inside it!
I used to have a cat that liked to sit on top of a "warm" speaker. Sometimes his paws would rest on the volume button. Things got better when Sonos introduced the whole "turn off the buttons on the speakers" update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Tell Sonos if you don't have a cat when you submit the diagnostic. :-)

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/how-do-i-stop-my-cat-turning-on-the-music-by-stepping-on-the-buttons-6081373
Thanks for all your replies guys but there was no cat on the speaker or phone in the pocket. I watched the tablet just zap the music up to full and was unable to turn it back down. I will get a system diagnostic if it happens again though, when my ears stop bleeding !!