Answered

Music File Access

• 12 April 2018
  • 5 replies

I cannot add my music file. My PC controller 8.5 gets an error message says "the computer is not responding" (computer is otherwise fine). Checked firewalls and they allow access.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 April 2018, 20:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're using Windows 10 on your PC. Which means this data will be relevant to you:

Windows 10 and SMB and more info, courtesy of MikeV.
Thanks. There was some progress with that. It is Windows 10, I did as written above, rebooted. It apparently has upgraded my denial from "not responding" to Reason: Access to the shared folder \\(laptop name)\Music" is denied.

I checked the firewall settings and sonos controller is allowed. Not sure what to do now. Any further thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Boszley. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Thanks. Report# 699289568
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks. Report# 699289568

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. There may be an issue with the user permissions for Sonos on your computer. Please try deleting the Sonos user in your computer's user accounts page on the control panel. Then, when you try to add the share through the Sonos app, a new user will be created which should have full access to the shared folder.