Music Controls - Stop After Current

• 21 February 2018
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Coming from Winamp, I have to say there are a few small things that I find make a big difference in the control of my music. The one I'd like to mention here is "Stop after current" which does exactly what it says. That's a nice feature to have if I'm on my way out or just don't want the rest of the queue to kick in. As an aside, the queue resuming after I've picked a single song to play is actually really nice, IMO, but if I just didn't want it one time and I figure 'oh i'll just clear the queue and this will be the last track' but it stopped my music immediately. I don't really get that, I must say. The thing currently playing isn't IN a queue so why would it be dropped too? Like if you were waiting for a teller at a bank... when you're at the teller you're not also queued up, right?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, pictory. Thanks for posting! I am happy to forward your feedback and request along to the team for consideration and visibility. Thanks again for the feedback!
Yes, please. I use Stop after current in MusicBee all the time! I'd really like it in the Sonos controller as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Agreed, it would be a useful addition to the UI (not sure where though). But then, given that you can just wait and pause the queue during / after the current song, then pick up later, there is a workaround. I'm guessing that the Sonos attitude of "just keep playing something, anything" (eg. the way it tries to pretend track-skipping didn't happen when your network has issues) makes this a low priority for them. Then again, Sonos does feature buttons for such use-cases as "play rest of album from here" (awesome feature, poor default "play-track" behaviour) and "play album followed by tracks 2-end of yesterday's queue" (buggy implementation of "expired queue play-next" / button that has no right existing in that context). So there's hope...