Answered

Multiple Wifi networks (connected to same LAN)

• 19 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a new set up at home where I have two WIFI networks running. Let's call one PARENTS and one KIDS. I have the KIDS on a schedule so it shuts down at 9PM and comes back on at 6AM. It is no different than the PARENTS WIFI network in that it can access all LAN resources. My 3 CONNECTs are connected via direct Ethernet LAN connection. I believe that all my other SONOS speakers (3 Play:1, 1 Play:3, 1 Soundbar, 1 Sub) are connected via SONOSNET.

My android phone is connected to the PARENTS WIFI and that is how I set up the connection to find the SONOS when initially setting it up. Shouldn't other devices (iPhone, Android Tablets) that are connected via the KIDS WIFI network be able to talk to the SONOSNET since they are on the same LAN connection even though they are connected to a different WIFI network (e.g. KIDS)?
icon

Best answer by ratty 19 January 2019, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, any device connected to KIDS should be able to see the Sonos system assuming that everything shares the same IP subnet. However if your parental control arrangements are based around a secondary router this will divide the network into two separate subnets. Sonos won't work between subnets.