Question

Multiple Sonos apps on iPhone?

• 21 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I have multiple Sonos accounts (home, office, condo) and would like to have an app for each on my iPhone rather than logging out and then logging in to a different account each time I change locations.  Can I put more than one Sonos app on my iPhone and name them differently?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No. And there’s no need. A controller app can remember multiple systems. It will connect to whichever system it locates on the local network.

And you could have had all your systems on one Sonos account in the first place.  (If you really mean multiple accounts rather than multiple systems.)

In fact, it may well be that having multiple accounts is the source of the hassle of logging out and in.  This really should not be necessary.  Are your systems associated with different email addresses / accounts?

I do have a different account for each system and each is under a different e-mail address. 

Is there a charge for the controller app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I do have a different account for each system and each is under a different e-mail address. 

No, the Sonos apps are free. Seems a weird question in the circumstances.

No, the Sonos apps are free. Seems a weird question in the circumstances.

Maybe an attempt at irony?

My point, @Rossignol1, is that the hassle of logging out of one account and into another is the consequence of your having more than one account, which is unnecessary.  It would have been better if you had just used one account.  If you had done so, then a single app would find each of your systems as soon as you connected to the relevant network, as described by @ratty .

That is why there is no option to install several Sonos apps - it is unnecessary.

(It is possible that you might even then have to log in to your account on a particular system in order to get to most of the settings -  I’m not sure about that.)