multiple genres

• 31 May 2020
  • 3 replies

There was a thread about this topic, but it is closed for comments.

It’s still an issue: Sonos can’t see semi-colons as a delimiter for genres. It is musicologically impossible to fit every piece of music into one genre. That’s absurd. If Sonos loves music, it should address this problem!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps it’s an opportunity for the new S2 software to address. It’s possible the current but ancient  Linux kernel can’t handle extended characters sets and searches. 

Badge +2

The last change I saw actually coded was about a year ago with dark theme.  All they did was turn everything black.  No option of a white theme.. You have to know they really don’t accept such changes.  This is the best candidate change I think they should address (My Humble Opinion).  But as they only do the absolute minimum to continue to sell speakers, I have little hope. What they don’t realize is that I would have 4 more speakers in my house alone if the software was really supported well.  I wouldn’t hope too much. They don’t know that better software support means more sales.  And their CEO doesn’t ever respond to requests.

Badge +2

To see this feature, I promise to buy 2 new speakers.  Maybe if people commit sales to a request, they might reconsider.  How many more speakers would you buy?  How about others out there?