Question

more than 2 sonos one speakers in the same room

• 21 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello. Can i add more Than 2 speakers to the same room?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If they are the same model, you can pair them as a stereo pair. If they are not the same model, you can group them, but this is not the same as making them the same room name.

Pairing

Grouping
Furthermore, Sonos uses the term “room” as a logical construct for the way their speakers work in software. Sonos doesn’t know where your speakers are, physically, so conceivably you could put all the available speakers in the same physical room, you’d just need to control them as “groups”, per jgatie’s second link.
Ttanks. But can i pair 4 speakers? And not just 2. I have 4 speakers in the same room Because of the size of the room
Ttanks. But can i pair 4 speakers? And not just 2. I have 4 speakers in the same room Because of the size of the room

No, a stereo pair is a pair. Sonos only allows pairing or bonding in standard audio configurations; stereo pairs (with or without a Sub) - 2.0, 2.1, and surround sound (with or without a Sub) - 3.0, 3.1, 5.0, 5.1. To get non-standard configurations, you must use grouping.
Userlevel 7
One other point...If you are trying to place multiple speakers in the same area to create a sense of omni direction such as placing a speaker in each corner of a rectangle do this:

Room Names/Zones
Family 1
Family 2
Family 3
Family 4

Do not create stereo pairs as moving left to right and/or front to back you may loose information making the sound seem off axis. Just group the 4 speakers together. Also, all four should be the same model for a balanced listening experience. Meaning do not mix Sonos One's or Play 1's with Play 5's.