Answered

monterey 12.3.1

Has anybody experienced problems with their desktop app after updating macOS to 12.3.1?

when I open the app I get the spinning beachball of death and message that it’s searching for my sonos system. Every thing was fine until this update, and my iOS apps work fine on phone and iPad. My system has both wired and wireless components , but nothing shows up on the desktop app. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app but when I click on join existing system the veachball e turns and will spin to the end of time if I let it.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 May 2022, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The only reports I can think of that sounds like this are when the Mac has a corporate style VPN installed.

Indeed, I’m running 12.3.1 on two different Macs, a slightly older intel mac, and a newer M1 chipped Mac, and have not experienced any issues whatsoever with the current S2 version of the Sonos software. 

As @controlav suggests, it does sound like there’s something blocking the Sonos app, a remote control, to reach the Sonos devices on your network. Beyond VPNs, I think some virus protection programs can cause that issue as well.