Answered

Missing Pandora Thumb up/down functionality in new SONOS Apps on Windows 10 and Android

• 15 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I recently updated the Sonos Apps on my Windows 10 laptop and Android phone. (SONOS's Forced upgrade to version 8.2) Then the Pandora (Standard Account) Thumbs Up/Down buttons are missing. I just used them a few hours ago until the App update. Does anyone notice the same? Any idea why the existing working function is removed by SONOS? Any insight on this issue is appreciated. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 November 2017, 21:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Mine has no thumbs since update either, PC or Android.
Also, Pandora app shows no new functionality.
I was hoping the new hideous layout would go away not the thumbs!
Userlevel 1
Badge
This.
Same issue, but add iOS to it. I actually like the ability to use Sonos app for all services. Losing the ability to thumb up/down tracks limits customization of Pandora through the Sonos app. Much like the Spotify integration, I am not inclined to open different apps for different music services (the centralized control surface is one of the big advantages of the Sonos experience!)
Same here on Android. I really hope it's a bug and not intentional
same here! It's driving me crazy! We are planning our playlist for our christmas party and now we can't like and dislike the songs! What's going on!?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, it looks like the Pandora thumbs have been removed from the Sonos app.

I have used those thumbs for years to craft a Pandora channel, but today they are gone. Perhaps it is an attempt to shift users to the Pandora app, which now controls the Sonos speakers directly. I tried out Sonos-via-Pandora this morning and it works, although the experience is not as smooth as the Pandora-via-Sonos experience. Volume control is especially clunky.

Sonos is touting the ability to use both the Sonos and Pandora apps to control the system. What an awful thing to have to do to access all the functionality one used to have in a single app.
guys I called Sonos. Now you can play your Sonos thru your Pandora app. So just make sure you have the most current Pandora app and you'll be all set! I just tried it out and it works!
And by the way Sonos just asked me again to do another update and now the thumbs are BACK lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The thumbs up and down should be available within the Sonos app when playing Pandora in Sonos. We’re working with Pandora right now to investigate the missing option for rating tracks and to bring it back.

And by the way Sonos just asked me again to do another update and now the thumbs are BACK lol!
Glad to hear it, we're still working with them but hopefully it stays for you.