Question

Missing feature (suggestions)

• 1 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Did you ever consider why these (pretty obvious) features aren't available?

– Usage of more than 3 channels of the 11 available 2,5Ghz wifi? (my flat can struggles with more than 38 neighbour wifis)
– Loudness & treble control for ALL speakers at once
– Export sonos playlist for later reimplentation if you reinstall your mac?
– Creation of playlist feature like spotify - the album title is already entered when selecting new playlist.
– Ability to use more than 20 characters for sonos playlist names, seriously?
– Support for apple remotes on mac clients.
– Support for Airplay (I know that ones is far fetched, apple codes are limited).

S.Rehder - Dedicated sonos user

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Did you ever consider why these (pretty obvious) features aren't available?

– Usage of more than 3 channels of the 11 available 2,5Ghz wifi? (my flat can struggles with more than 38 neighbour wifis)

You misunderstand the concept of WiFi channels. A single "channel" selection actually spans 4+ channels, so the only settings which do not overlap the others are 1, 6, and 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#2.4.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11b.2Fg.2Fn.29

– Loudness & treble control for ALL speakers at once

Not sure how popular this would be.

– Export sonos playlist for later reimplentation if you reinstall your mac?

Has been requested for years. Though I'm not sure what exporting playlists has to do with reinstalling a computer? Playlists are stored on the Sonos devices, not the computer, and as long as you have the same pathway on your new computer, the playlists should be fine.

– Creation of playlist feature like spotify - the album title is already entered when selecting new playlist.

Since control of Sonos via the Spotify app was released to public beta today, this request is sort of moot.

– Ability to use more than 20 characters for sonos playlist names, seriously?

This is a system memory limitation. Increasing this limit means decreasing elsewhere, like number of tracks you can index or total number of tracks in a playlist.

– Support for apple remotes on mac clients.

Huh? Apple Remote? Is that still around?

– Support for Airplay (I know that ones is far fetched, apple codes are limited).

Airplay is unreliable, outdated, inferior technology that uses triple the bandwidth, and streams via the "weakest link" phone instead of fetching directly. The Sonos CEO declared many years ago that they would not be supporting it for these reasons. Also, Sonos now has its own method to stream directly from apps which suffers from none of these drawbacks.
+1 from me @jgatie. All your answers are (ptretty obviously) spot on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
jgatie answers are about as good as you get.

On the treble/bass thing - I see no use for a group adjustment. I would like to see a full equalizer though. But trueplay along with just bass and treble have done wonders for me. So trueplay was better than getting an equalizer.