Question

Mini controller window not appearing on Mac

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

The Sonos mini controller window won’t appear on my Mac.  I started having trouble prior to the recent update to 11.1/56076060, perhaps a couple of months ago.  I waited, before reporting the problem, to see if an update to the Sonos controller fixed the problem, and the update to 11.1 I performed yesterday did not fix it.  I don’t know if the problem occurred due to a macOS update or a Sonos controller update.  I am running macOS Catalina version 10.15.4/19E287.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Donald

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Your mini controller window could simply be off the edges of the screen somewhere. It remembers the last position. 

If it were Windows I could help. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, that’s a great thought.  However, using Mission Control on the Mac does not show the mini controller window.  Thanks again for responding!

I have a similar issue; the mini controller shows, but it does not stay on top of open windows. As soon as I click another window the controller goes to the back.  I can’t find a tick box for ‘stay on top’

It’s an intermittent problem - the mini controller was staying on top last week, but in that scenario, I had to keep the main Sonos window open (not minimised) in order for it to work.

As Mac users, we also do not get the mini controls on the Mac taskbar for open apps. :(

Hello, 
It’s been 2 days that I can’t display the mini controller window.. Clicking on the music cover on the main window “Sonos controller” or doing “Mini controller” shortcut (alt + cmd + 2) don’t solve anything.
It just “disappears”.

But I just find out that moving the main window from Display 1 or 2 to the other (I have an external display plugged in with extended display option) make it appearing.

Maybe it could be a way to deal with that annoying bug until it’s solves by a Sonos app update.