max number of alarms

• 13 July 2015
  • 6 replies

I have 30 alarms and cannot add another, i get "unable to add alarm, please try again later" via windows and IPAD app - is this a limit?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Gary, think you may have reached the limit. Try adding a new alarm once more, if it doesn't work, remove one of the existing alarms for test purposes, then try to re-add it. If it's not possible to re-add it, send a diagnostic and reply here with the confirmation number.
I can remove and re-add an alarm. Why the limit at 30? I like to play different playlists throughout the day without manually changing the playlist each time. Can the limit be increased?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I can remove and re-add an alarm. Why the limit at 30? I like to play different playlists throughout the day without manually changing the playlist each time. Can the limit be increased?

At this time it's not possible to increase the limit, if you wish to request this feature you're welcome to raise it as an Idea thread here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Really weird request, but very ingenious! I still think at alarm to wake up, but definitely can be used for other purposes. Sonos, just add space in the array: Alarm[] myAlarm = new Alarm(100); Voilà
Is the maximum number of alarms still 30? If so, I'd like to request that it be increased as camillo777 recommended to 100.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos, just add space in the array: Alarm[] myAlarm = new Alarm(100); Voilà

As if it was that simple. Don't forget alarms need to be persisted in storage, on every device. The older devices in particular have small amounts of memory and small amounts of storage. (cf. the 60k track limit).

I am surprised that 30 alarms isn't sufficient though.