Answered

Managing 'Play Next' and 'Add to Queue' for Spotify through Sonos

• 16 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hey, I'm new to Sonos in general here--I work in a kitchen and we recently just got a system there. Beforehand, we typically would play various artist radio stations from Spotify through an AUX connection, and would add songs/albums to the queue when we wanted them to play next. Now we're still using Spotify, but through the Sonos App. However, now when we're playing a Spotify station and want to add songs/abums to play next (and have it automatically revert back to that station when those songs/albums added finish I should add), it will just continue playing from the station and ignore we have manually added. We've tried 'Play Next' and 'Add to Queue' and neither work the same way they seemed to when it was just the Spotify app without being filtered though the Sonos app. Hopefully this question computes, and it's a simple thing that we're missing. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by MikeV 16 October 2017, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos treats radio and the queue separately. If you're playing a radio station, the queue is completely ignored. You can add songs to it and manage it while the station is playing (I've built a queue from songs that I hear while listening to a radio station, then saved it as a playlist for later), but the station will continue to play instead of the songs in the queue. And there's no way to add a radio station to the queue either, since in theory the queue wouldn't resume playing if there's a radio station in the middle of it.
Thanks so much for your help!