Question

Manage Settings are Greyed out although I updated to latest version

• 29 October 2016
  • 8 replies

My Daughter changed our Deezer Password; when I opened Sonos it wouldn't recognise the Deezer Account, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Deezer. I couldn't as all of the items under the manage settings bar were greyed out. I read that the best thing to do is to look for and install updates, which I did. However the Manage settings are still greyed out. I am now stuck. Can anyone help me please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What controller are you using? Windows, Mac, iOS, Android? And which version of the operating system?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
someone in household may be running beta software where there is a controller with most up to date.

also make sure under music selection screen at top it doesn't say update now (meaning hardware needs update)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Spratters, the greyed out options means your controller and players aren't on the same version. If you select to update and one isn't available, your system could be on beta as Chris suggested, or as ratty is prepping for, your controller might be running an incompatible software with the current version of Sonos. The minimum requirements for Sonos controllers are listed here.

You can check the version everything is running by going to Settings > About Sonos. The current version for mobile controllers is 6.4.8, players are mostly on 6.4.2 or 6.4. If those are the versions listed, you'll want to check your controller's software against the list above as likely you're running an incompatible or partially supported operating system.
Hi I'm running a Mac on 10.7 but I just updaded my Mac software and it's worked. Thank you all very much!
Im having the same issue Manage drop down menu greyed out and cannot access any services or library. Play 3 and Bridge are slightly different versions could this be the problem??

BRIDGE: BRIDGE
Serial Number: 00-0E-58-4B-B2-60:C
Version: 6.4 (build 331532141)
Hardware Version: 1.5.0.0-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
WM: 0
---------------------------------
PLAY:3: Living Room
Serial Number: 00-0E-58-78-DE-0A:F
Version: 6.4.2 (build 331533210)
Hardware Version: 1.8.1.2-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.10
WM: 0
OTP:
Russell,

What controller are you using? Where does it live? What version number is the controller? You've given us half the information we need to help you. 🙂
Airgetlam is correct. Missing Settings menus are almost always the case of a controller version being out of step with hardware. Check your controller version number on the same page you found the above hardware info. The third number (the '2' in 6.4.2 above) is not the cause of the mismatch, so we can probably rule that out. If by chance your controller version is also 6.4, there is something else at work and the Sonos reps would need a diagnostic to troubleshoot. If that is the case, you can post the diagnostic number here and they'll get back to you.
Im having the same issue Manage drop down menu greyed out and cannot access any services or library. Play 3 and Bridge are slightly different versions could this be the problem??
No. At a guess you're using the Desktop Controller on a 'partially supported' operating system, such as WinXP, Vista or OS X 10.7/10.8. See http://www.sonos.com/software/release/6-4