Answered

Manage options all greyed out.

• 27 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Manage options all greyed out. Sonos version 10.5 Macbookpro 10.15.3 Catalina.

Is this a problem others are having?

icon

Best answer by davodiablo 28 March 2020, 23:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Desktop versions of the Sonos app for some time have not been able to manage system settings.   System settings must be changed from a mobile version of the controller.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Chris ….I had noticed it greyed for a while but its taken until locksdown for me to investigate.If I go to my phone it asked for a pathway to my library which is on a NAS drive via my macbook.I have no idea how to set this up by my phone so kind of stuck with no music…. suffice to say Sonos have lost another customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The name of the Nas drive is the server name

//name of your nas server/

If you pull it up on your mac you will see the name in the address bar at top.

you should also be able to use ip adress of thenas if you know that like

//192.168.1.1/

if you feel frustrated call sonos on the phone and they will walk you through it

Userlevel 2

Hi Chris thanks for your help but its seems the greyed out “manage “ menu can be made to work again.Turns out I had to update my controller and all devices.Voila I can now update my music Library from the desktop app.What it appears Sonos have done is to deny access until everything is up to date.