MacBook stopped connecting to Sonos

• 29 April 2018
  • 1 reply

I have Sonos on a NAS into my router. It is accessible/controlled via apps on 3 iphones, 2 Ipads, 1 Microsoft Surface, 1 Lenovo and I Apple Macbook pro 13' retina (late 2013). All work great. Occassionally one of other will have a problem when a Sonos controller update is applied. This time it is the Apple Macbook. It is saying that there is no Sonos available try connecting to the correct network. The Macbook is on the correct network. I have tried
1. Connect to existing system. Following the instructions as the app walks through I can not get any connection to the speaker.
2. Uninstalled the app on the Macbook and reinstalled. Got the same result
3. Tried as a new install but the lights on the speaker show as solid white so the app advises that there speaker is already set up, to add, continue. Pressing next takes me back to the screen instruction to confirm is a green light is on. So around in circles
Can you please advise what other actions I can to to get back to where I was 24 hours ago i.e. a functioning controller on my Apple Macbook

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, PaulG51. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. In most cases where users describe problems with accessing their music library, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and ensure all file sharing permissions and network settings are sorted. Thanks!