Question

MAC Controller 7.2 just hangs on startup

Userlevel 2
Since upgrading my MAC Sonos controller software to 7.2 it just "hangs" on startup with "Application Not Responding". I have tried re-installing it but no joy. The sonos system itself is OK (I can drive it from my Android phone) but no luck from the MAC. All was working fine till I upgraded. MAC is OSX El Capitan (10.11.6).

Any ideas ? Is there any way of doing a full un-install so I can do a clean re-instal.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Generally, deleting the app, then rebooting the computer, and then reinstalling the app would do it (a clean install).

In case there's something else going on, it might (and I'm not 100% sure about that) be useful to submit a system diagnostic from your Android device, just in case there's something that might be seen in the log files from Sonos. But that's a long shot, since if it's hanging/crashing on your Mac, it's not getting to the point where it might be possible to write some log files.

Hope this helps, if only a little bit.
Userlevel 2
I think I have resolved this. It seems to be related to Norton on Mac. For future ref what I did was:

1. Configure vulnerability protection as per the guide "configuring-your-firewall-to-work-with-sonos" which you can find by searching on Firewall from the sonos support page
2. Delete the old entry for Sonos.App on the Norton Application Blocking settings
3. Re-boot & then start up Sonos App

The Sonos app then starts and Norton asks permission to allow this application, say "yes" and away it goes.....

There are a really good set of instructions for several AV setups here

But I only found it via a google search as it's not mentioned in the setting up documentations

Not sure why the App hangs rather than comes up with an error saying it can't connect, but hopefully have identified the source of the problem.
Any further info with this thread? I get the spinning wheel of death, and in "force quit applications" it says not responding.