Lyric Display

• 21 December 2013
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Add a feature so that Sonos can display lyrics for songs - maybe hook into Tunewiki or something similar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
YES!!!!! I want to SING!!!!!
Badge
Yes! Musixmatch or TuneWiki or something else. I want to be able to display synchronized lyrics simnilar to TuneWiki or MusiXmatch for Spotify.
That would be a great feature!
Add lyrics and other metadata display for track information and other art. It's not unheard of to have back covers and other images for albums. On large screen devices there's plenty of room to display it.
Badge
This would be a great addition and surely not difficult to implement?
Agreed! I have added lyrics to many of my iTunes songs, so the mp3s have embedded lyrics and it seems a waste I can't see these. If I could display lyrics on my Sonos controller my life would be complete.
PS My wife and daughters may not agree  - my singing skills are wasted on them!
Sonos needs to add visualisation and lyrics. Really can't be hard
+1 for the ability to view lyrics from the file tag
Is this rocket science?
Hurry up
I just want to echo the sentiments here. I don't have a good understanding of the technical issues involved, but I finally upgraded from my little portable rinky-dink speaker and finally sprung for two Sonos One speakers--one for the living room and one for the kitchen. They're great, but I was so disappointed to see that I can't listen to my music with lyrics displaying. These speakers were supposed to improve my listening experience. It never even occurred to me that I would no longer be able to see lyrics. I was able to see them, naturally, when I was just using the Amazon music app with the rinky-dink speaker. I have several playlists of nearly 500 songs a piece that contain all songs with lyrics. I can't believe that they're not included in the Sonos app and that there's no workaround. So disappointed. Keep this discussion active, people. In the meantime I'll just keep hoping and hoping that maybe this fix is in development.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I think the problem is mostly legal, not technical. Lyrics are subject to copyright and someone needs to pay the piper.

The technical issue is getting the ~sixty supported music services to provide the lyric data for their songs. (Which is also a legal issue come to think of it ).